A great feature you can use in Enterprise Manager is to monitor WebLogic Domains, part of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
Either, you create a single-server domain, or multi-server domain, you can monitor PIA, RPS and WebLogicAdmin (console).
Before registering a WebLogic Domain in EM, you need first to activate IIOP (Internet Inter-ORB Protocol) in the WebLogic Administration console, or EM will not be able to communicate with the servers.
- connect to the WebLogic Administration console:
- navigate to Environment > Servers
- repeat this steps 1 to 4 for each server you want to monitor in EM, ie for PIA:
- 1. click on PIA
- 2. click on Protocols tab
- 3. click on IIOP tab
- 4. check the box “Enable IIOP”