To do this they developed tool-kits to be able to deliver a self configurable system like PTEM.
With "PeopleTools Automated Environment Configuration" you can configure the components that most admins are configuring using SQL refresh scripts.
Unfortunately some parameters cannot be refreshed using SQL: ie the Integration Gateway properties file ... but you can do it with PTEM !
With this new feature you can:
- Rename Integration Broker Node
- Configure Integration Broker Node
- Configure Gateway node
- Configure gateway properties file (integrationGateway.properties)
- Configure Process Scheduler Report Node
- Configure Process Scheduler Server
- Configure Secure Enterprise Search (SES)
- Deploy and schedule Search Index
- Configure PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF)
Even if it's not yet supported by Oracle you can use it to build new environment or to refresh environments.
If you have VirtualBox PeopleSoft images you can also have a look how it's done.
The main steps are:
1) set variables
2) Check the server configuration file
3) Run PTEM configuration
psae -CT ORACLE -CD ORACLE_SID -CO PS -CP PS -R PTEM_CONFIG -AI PTEM_CONFIG